- 1½ cups chicken broth or stock
- ½ cup dried cranberries, lightly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup uncooked couscous (Moroccan style)
- ⅓ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup almonds, sliced, lightly toasted
- ⅓ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
In 2-quart saucepan, heat broth, dried cherries and cumin to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in couscous. Cover; let stand 15 minutes. Fluff with fork.
In small bowl, beat oil and vinegar with whisk; pour over couscous. Add almonds, scallions and mint; toss well. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Yields 6 servings